Mathematics
allisons0845

A colored chip is yellow on one side and red on the other. The chip was flipped 50 times and landed on red side up 22 times. What is the relative frequency of the chip landing with the red side facing up? 36% 44% 52% 56% A bowl contains candies of the same size in three flavors: orange, strawberry, and pineapple. If the probability of randomly pulling out an orange candy is fraction 2 over 8, and the probability of randomly pulling out a strawberry candy is fraction 3 over 8, what is the probability of randomly pulling out a pineapple candy? fraction 3 over 8 fraction 4 over 8 fraction 5 over 8 fraction 6 over 8 A spinner has six sections of equal shape and size. Each section is either black or white. The table shows the result of an experiment when the spinner was spun 90 times: Result of Spin Black White Number of Spins 72 18 Based on the data, which of the following best describes the experimental probability of the arrow landing on a black or white section of the spinner? The spinner is equally likely to land on black or white. The spinner is 4 times more likely to land on white. The spinner is 4 times more likely to land on black. The information cannot be concluded from the data table. Joe flips the disc shown below 15 times: A disc with two layers is shown. The top layer is shaded in a darker shade of gray, and the lower section of the disc is white. What is the probability that the 16th flip will result in the disc landing white side up? fraction 1 over 15 fraction 1 over 2 fraction 1 over 16 fraction 15 over 16 The teacher of a seventh-grade class flipped a coin 100 times. The students recorded the results in the table shown below: Side of Coin Landed On Heads Tails Number of Flips 56 44 Which of the following best describes the experimental probability of getting tails? The experimental probability is same as the theoretical probability. The experimental probability is 6% lower than the theoretical probability. The experimental probability is 6% higher than the theoretical probability. The experimental probability cannot be concluded from the data in the table. A person in the audience of a game show has a 14% chance of winning free movie tickets. What is the chance that a person in the audience may not win free movie tickets? 98% 86% 36% 28% The figure below shows a shaded rectangle inside a large rectangle: A rectangle of length 10 units and width 5 units is shown. Inside this rectangle is another rectangle of length 9 units and width 3 units placed symmetrically inside the larger rectangle. The smaller rectangle is shaded gray. If you choose a point inside the large rectangle, what is the probability that it is not inside the shaded rectangle? 24% 27% 46% 54% A vendor has 10 balloons for sale: 5 are yellow, 2 are red, and 3 are green. A balloon is selected at random and sold. If the balloon sold is yellow, what is the probability that the next balloon selected at random is also yellow? fraction 5 over 10 fraction 4 over 9 fraction 4 over 10 fraction 5 over 9 Jenny has some tiles in a bag. The tiles are of three different colors: purple, pink, and orange. Jenny randomly pulls a tile out of the bag, records the color, and replaces the tile in the bag. She does this 50 times. The results are recorded in the given table: Color of Tile Purple Pink Orange Number of times the tile is drawn 6 18 26 What is the experimental probability that Jenny will pull out an orange tile? fraction 18 over 26 fraction 24 over 26 fraction 24 over 50 fraction 26 over 50 Two groups performed an experiment separately by tossing a coin in the air. Group P performed 50 trials and group Q performed 100 trials. Each group recorded the results in the table below: Group Heads Tails P 35 15 Q 53 47 What conclusion can be drawn about the number of trials and the probability of the coin landing on heads or tails? The experimental probability and the theoretical probability for group P is the same. The experimental probability and the theoretical probability for group Q is the same. The experimental probability is closer to the theoretical probability for group Q than group P. The experimental probability is closer to the theoretical probability for group P than group Q. At the school carnival, Jade has a game booth with a spinner. The banner at her booth reads "80% chance of winning!" What is the chance that a player may not win? 20% 40% 50% 60% Jake has a bag of 50 beads, some of which are blue and the remaining are green. Jake randomly pulls out a bead from the bag, records the color, and replaces it in the bag. Jake has already recorded 6 blue and 14 green beads. Based on these results, what is most likely the number of blue beads in the bag? 15 20 30 35

+6
(1) Answers
KarryPody

jthe answer for the first one = 56%

Add answer